The Classic On-the-Go Guide to Pediatric Practice--Now More Current and Essential Than Ever!
A Doody's Core Title!
CURRENT Diagnosis and Treatment: Pediatrics has long been the go-to guide for students, residents, and practitioners looking for concise, reliable, and up-to-date information. It continues to provide succinct, up-to-date, and clinically relevant coverage of how to assess and treat common disorders in children, from eating disorders and cardiovascular diseases to STDs.
- Easy-to-follow LANGE CURRENT outline format: Problem, Essentials of Diagnosis and Typical Features, Clinical Findings, Differential Diagnosis, Treatment, Prognosis
- Organized by general topics such as care of the newborn and community pediatrics, as well as by organ system and specific disease/problems
- Essentials of Diagnosis and Typical Features provide instant guidance on identifying both common and rare problems
- Accessible overviews of important pediatric health concerns, including substance abuse, psychiatric disorders, child abuse and neglect, normal childhood nutrition and its disorders, and emergencies and injuries
- NEW to this edition: chapter on Sport Medicine (a key area of pediatrics for which students and residents state they need more training--ACGME survey), completely reorganized section on Infectious Diseases reflecting the most recent clinical perspectives, expanded section on lab and reference values