Knowing how people, executives and companies in other countries negotiate, significantly improves results in any international activity.
This book aims to provide clear, concise and useful information for negotiating in 50 countries that together account for over 90% of the world economy. The book is a reference book to consult what strategies and behaviours should be adopted in negotiations with foreign companies.
The book is divided into country files in alphabetical order, starting with Argentina and ending with Vietnam. Each file has the following five sections:
• Key facts: population, GDP per capita, form of government, currency, official language and language used for business, religion, main cities, etc.
• Business environment: the economic and business environment is described in five or six key points.
• Negotiation strategies: negotiation style, guidelines for communication and listening, haggling culture, argumentation, most common tactics, how to grant concessions, decisionmaking process, negotiation of agreements and contracts, etc.
• Etiquette: greetings and introductions, names and titles, taboo topics, punctuality and timetables, table manners, non-verbal communication and gestures, presents, advice about travelling, etc.
• Essential web pages: selection of webs that the executive should know for his business trip to the country.
This book would not have been possible without the collaboration of a hundred executives from all over the world, each with extensive negotiating experience. Their knowledge of business in the 50 countries that are analysed provides the reader with comparative, realistic and practical information.
Global Marketing Strategies is a consultancy specialising in international negotiation. It initially focused on managing and supervising internationalisation plans for companies in many sectors and countries. This activity is currently complemented with the organisation of seminars in Spanish and English on How to negotiate successfully in foreign markets, and the implantation of different programmes in companies to support their international activity, among others: ©Neg Power Check (improvement in the company's and international executive's negotiating capacity) and ©Exportaweb (diagnosis and improvement of the web to support the company's international activity).